Offering medical hypnosis for help with the following conditions
- Sleep problems
- Anxiety and Panic disorder
- Fear of flying
- Chronic Pain
- Public Speaking Fear
For booking please ask at reception.
Sessions are approx. 30mins
Cost : $94 per session for Registered patients
Usually require 4 sessions
Dr Cameron is a GP trained in the United Kingdom. And works 2 sessions a week at Mansfield Health as a General Practitioner
Her qualifications include:
- MB ChB (University Aberdeen Scotland)
- Diploma of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists -UK
- Diploma in Child Health -UK
- Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners – UK
- Fellow of the Royal New Zealand College of General practitioners
She has completed training in medical hypnosis with Dr Patrick McCarthy who is Director and Founder of the Milton Erickson Institute of Wellington, past President of the NZ society of Hypnosis, in addition to being a fully qualified medical Doctor who has been working in the field of hypnosis for over 20 years now
About Hypnosis –answers to some FAQ’s
- Hypnosis sessions are purely for hypnosis, they will not involve any GP consultation, assessments, investigations or prescriptions, and these must be booked into regular GP appointment slots.
- Hypnosis sessions are booked at the end of routine sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- We may be able to accommodate alternative times/days on an individual basis
- The first session involves no hypnosis, it is a time to find out your needs, assess hypnotisability and explain hypnosis, therefore allowing me to plan your individualised approach
- Recordings are made of the hypnosis sessions so that you can listen to them again at your own pace – they can be supplied as audio files or CD’s
- Support person / whanau is welcome to attend
- When you come out of hypnosis you will be able to function as normal. You will not be drowsy and may well feel very refreshed. You will be able to walk and drive
- Cost is a double appointment fee for enrolled patients -$94 per session
- For non-enrolled patients – $120 per session
- You will usually need about 4 sessions but chronic pain, complex and multiple problems may need more
- You will learn how to use self-hypnosis and can continue to benefit for as long as you need to if you refresh your skills with practice and listening to your CD’s.
- It is expected you will spend time between sessions regularly practicing what you have learned or carrying out therapeutic homework. We learn best by doing.